SPCA is Hong Kong’s oldest and largest animal welfare organisation. Throughout the decades, its mission remains “to promote kindness to animals, to protect their health and welfare, to prevent cruelty, and through education, cultivate a deep respect for life in the community so that all living creatures may live together in harmony”.
The SPCA’s key areas of work are:
- Lobbying and campaigning for animal welfare and alleviating animal suffering.
- Operating an Inspectorate to rescue animals, help enforce animal welfare law and initiate prosecution of offenders.
- To find adopters for abandoned and rescued animals.
- To help control animal population by de-sexing loosely owned and feral animals.
- Monitoring of food animal welfare standards.
- Education of the public and young people on animal welfare concepts.
SPCA receives less than 1 percent of its income from Government subvention, and is highly reliant on public generosity for its ongoing work to protect animals! Your sponsorship has given many animals a second chance in life and enables us to work on a better future for those which are still waiting.