What I learned
- The charity rescues approx. 65 tonnes of food per MONTH (!!)
- Their distribution goes to approximately 60% seniors and 40% low income families
- HK government will introduce a waste charge in early 2024 that will hopefully reduce food wastage and/or encourage more surplus donations to charities such as FeedingHK
What the charity does
Collects surplus food, sorts and stores it, and then redistributes it to a network of welfare organisations across Hong Kong.
What the charity needs now
- Volunteers - to collect, sort donated food items. Weekdays 2-3 hours. Families and students welcome.
- Festive Food drive - donate $150 to fund a "Santa Sack" for distribution this Christmas
- Supermarket/food coupon donations - beneficiaries love to choose their own food (dont' we all?)
If you can help FeedingHK, please get in touch. Tonnes of food needs to be sorted every month!