InspiringHK Sports Foundation
InspiringHK Sports Foundation is a registered charity (IR No. 91/12703) in Hong Kong offering 2-year professional sports programmes to underprivileged youth for free. Its sports programmes include hockey, fencing and tennis, which are normally described as middle class.
Its quality training is marked by:
- Coaches that are former or current Hong Kong team sportsmen
- Free professional sports equipment and free enrolment in competitions
- Learning activities such as excursions to country parks for students of selected courses, complementing sports activities.
It aims to achieve 3 things:
- Create a level playing field for underprivileged youth to take part in sports
- Develop positive attributes such as teamwork and perseverance in underprivileged youth so they will have a better chance to succeed in life
- Connect different sectors in society to the underprivileged and thereby enhance mutual understanding.
7 sports programmes:
- “WOMEN'S FOOTBALL Inspires!” in Kwun Tong
- “HOCKEY Inspires!” in Tuen Mun
- “InspiringHK x Les Escrimeurs (Hong Kong) FENCING Inspires!” in Hung Hom
- “ROPE-SKIPPING Inspires!” in Kowloon City
- “RUN Inspires!” in Sham Shui Po and Kwun Tong
- "TENNIS Inspires" in Tin Shui Wai and Tsing Yi
- “DANCE Inspires!” in Sham Shui Po
Please click http://inspiringhk.org/en/programmes/learning-experience-programmes/other-activities/ for current events
Unleash underprivileged youth potential and increase social mobility
Motivated underprivileged youth meeting financial criteria (including receiving social assistance from the government)
Provides free 2-year training, free professional sports equipment, and sponsors enrolment in competitions
Most coaches are former or current Hong Kong team sportsmen
Executives come from a variety of backgrounds, and pool expertise to effect change.
What They Do
InspiringHK Sports Foundation instils sportsmanship and creates a level playing field for local underprivileged teenagers, so as to increase their social mobility in a sustainable manner.
- Currently, we serve more than 150 students (June 2015).
- All students receive 120 hours of sport training.
- Students of selected course receive 30 hours of learning activities outside sport training.